After the makeover on this bench,
I had a large triangle of buffalo checked fabric left over from cutting bias to make the piping. I had this lamp body that I bought (another thrift store purchase) thinking I would find a use for it. After sanding the ceramic body with fine sandpaper it was cleaned and painted with the same graphite chalk paint and dark wax as the bench.
The shade was an old fabric covered pleated shade (from a thrift store) that I ripped the fabric off of.
I took chalk and colored the outside upper and lover rim. With the fabric wrong side up I carefully rolled the shade on the fabric creating a chalk line pattern. I cut out the shape adding a few inches to the top and bottom edges. Then I wrapped the fabric on the shade to check fit and cut the ends so they overlapped after turning one edge under 1/4 inch. I laid the fabric wrong side up on sheeting outside and sprayed glued the fabric well. Then I started at one end of the fabric making sure to place the seam of the shade at the edge and carefully rolled the shade on the fabric smoothing as I rolled. When I got to the place where the turned under edge was overlapping the beginning I heated up my glue gun and glued that seam down.
I trimmed the fabric around the top and bottom edges so there was enough fabric to fold over the edges. After I glued those I glued ribbon on the top of the fabric on the inside top and bottom to dress up where it was folded over.
Now I have a coordinating lamp and bench.